TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Windshield replacement needed
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Windshield replacement needed

Posted by nissubaru on December 12, 2016 at 1:43 PM
  This message has been viewed 516 times.

In Reply To Windshield replacement needed posted by Danbarnett123 on December 11, 2016 at 08:42 PM

Message Just had my windshield replaced a few weeks back, had Safelite do it for $100 (the cost of my insurance deductible). Had to go with a blue windshield though as I couldn't find bronze tint ANYWHERE, and trust me I looked.

You may have seen on Safelite's website that they give you the option to select bronze or blue tint but don't let that fool you, all they have is blue. I requeested bronze and they brought blue, which prompted me to start looking for one myself. You won't find any OEM glass since Nissan discontinued it. You may find some green tinted glass on eBay which is just weird to me since no Z's came with green tint.

So yeah, I went with blue after about 2 weeks of searching myself and having Safelite check their suppliers with no luck.

As for parts to salvage/replace, I just let the guy do his thing and it turned out really nice. And the blue isn't as bad as I thought it be with the bronze windows.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.